View Single Post
Old 11-30-08, 03:01 PM
Gordo Grande

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Force
Gordo Grande, you are killing me with these photos! I've got to move near the water.
LOL! I thought that all those beach shots would get to a few folks at least.

There is no question that living in Los Angeles has its drawbacks, but how bad can it be if we have this everyday? That Ballona Creek Bike Path, which leads directly to the Beach Bike Path, runs right past my house. I try to ride it everyday. I can get there in about twenty minutes.

BTW, that bridge over the Ballona Creek is an amazing place to just sit and watch bicycles. You see every type and make going by every day. The other day I saw a few Pashley (sp?) type bicycles there, as well as roadsters, tourists, racers, beach cruisers, recumbants, tandems, wheel chairs, row-cycles, dutch type bicycles, (I tried to buy one off a guy from Sweden), folders, and of course racers.

The Beach Bike Path also happens to be part of the Adventure Cyclist (Bikecentennial) West Coast Bike Route. I see tourists passing through every day.

Even better, I can combine bicycling with my other obsession, which is fishing. I can ride to the beach, fish to my heart's content, and then ride home. That stretch by the Marina is good for halibut, bass, and barracuda. The beach itself is also good for halibut and surf perch.

What more can I ask for? I'm not going to have any problem finding something to fill my time when I retire in a few years.