Old 12-31-08, 04:01 PM
gapwedge
Old Fart

Bikes: 09 Specialized Sirrus Expert; 09 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Without being tested you cannot determine how many apnea events you have during a night. Your % of oxygen in the blood goes way down. Snoring is one symptom. Being 50 years of age and old is another, having a neck size greater than 17 inches is another. Feeling tired when you wake up and a hypertension and a higher than normal resting pulse is another. I thought I was only have about 2-3 apnea events a night. I was tested having 54.1 per hour. >30 per hour is considered severe. I will be on my machine Friday evening. There is also a chemical that results from apnea that ******* the weight loss process.
I just know when they can in and woke me up at 12:30am and had by regulations put me on the CPAP (pronounced see-PAP) machine the remain 4 hours were as peaceful and restful as I can remember. I have gone so long this way I have forgotten what a good night sleep is really like. I have to confess my pride kept me away from getting tested, because I saw that as something I could correct on my own.
It would never hurt to get tested. If nothing else a peace of mind that you won't have a stroke or heart attack in bed. By the way the machine got rid of my snoring too. My wife will be happy.