View Single Post
Old 02-15-09, 11:28 AM
Industrial
^_^

Bikes: Cannondale System Six, Specialized FSR-XC, Specialized Langster, Univega Arrow Spot, Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by challaday
Overall, wouldn't the next logical progression be frames designed with some sort of slot/cover for the battery system? I can see the next incompatibility wars as frames designed for Campy batteries or Shimano batteries or SRAM batteries, etc.

Also, even though there's a need for cables running to the derailleurs from the battery, couldn't there be a future where the shifters send wireless signals to the derailleurs? You could have a small battery in each shifter to power the electronics. That would eliminate all the shifter cables running from the handlebar, electronic or mechanical.

I wonder how long until we have wirelessly actuated brakes? Someone will try them out, it seems inevitable. Wireless brakes built into hubs, so we can eliminate the extra drag of the brake caliper. We bike nerds will demand no less.
I see myself riding on this bike in 10 years. Then some fat kid with an iPhone 11g and some bikehack app slams on my front brake in the middle of a sprint.