Bikes: zilch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
River Falls, Masters 35+

http://www.bikeforums.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=99

If anyone cares:

Masters 35+. I finished 20th even. I think the field was 65+. It was brutal. Each lap the climb took more people and flicked them off the main group. I was on the back a lot just kind of anxious. You know? I just couldn't shake the wreck off my mind. And I didn't want to screw something up on the front. But I hung on as the field dwindled down.

Second to last lap, the climb really shredded the field. On the down side there was a monster gap between a few of us and 20 or so ahead of us. I dropped my head and hammered for what seemed like miles alone to cover the gap. Eventually three guys caught me and we worked together to catch the lead group. We did. I sat in and recovered.

Final lap the group slowed and more guys caught on. I really thought there would be less guys - and not including me. But I'd say there were 30 of us at the end. We got to the climb and me and my Ciocc wiggled through the crowd to pick a few spots. I finished ahead of all my team mates. Six of us I think.

I found out there was a 3 man break that got away and stayed. No biggie.

I feel great. It's so nice to finish a race finally. The only thing is that this bike is not fit for me at all and my left leg really started cramping on the last climb. I need to do something before tomorrow's race. Find out something I can do so I don't cramp again.