mrs.brevity
mrs.brevity

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Compact

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Info on bike accessories

My husband and I have just ordered our first road bikes. I ordered the Specialized Dolce Compact and my husband ordered the Allez Double. We are in our 30's and haven't ridden since we were kids. We are just wanting to get into biking to lose weight doing something we had enjoyed when we were younger. Anyways, we have been debating about what kind of bike rack we should get. We have two children so we will need a four bike hitch bike rack. I was wondering what you guys used. We have looked at Allen, Thule, Yakima, and Saris. The guy at the local LBS says we should get the Saris, but the model we looked at is +300$ above the cost of the Allen and Thule models that we originally looked at. The reviews on line were pretty good for both the Allen and Thule. Also, we are considering the Cateye bike computers. How important is cadence? The guy at our LBS, says that is what I really want.

I don't know anything, but to read reviews on line. My husband and I are not serious biker's just yet and are cautious about spending so much money initially, but then again I don't want to buy junk that we will just end up replacing later. I would appreciate your thoughts.