Old 08-18-09, 02:36 AM
databike
puppy mangler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brake on my fixie, what do you guys think?

I was riding brake less today at a beach bike path. I am fairly new at it, but I have great maneuvering and control form riding my 6 speed for so long before.
Anyways, long story short, I ran over a puppy. There are three lanes, one for pedestrians and two for bikes going different ways. You always get ******** Rollerblade who have no control on the bike lane, or pedestrians who can't read going any way they want, but the biggest fear on paths are little kids and pets I think. They don't know any better.
The puppy ran straight for me, the owner didn't have a collar. it was like we were destined to hit. I tried to stop the pedal as hard as I could, but I couldn't, so I ran it over I quickly went to the side after I completely stopped.
Luckily the puppy was alive and well, and the owner (because he knew he was wrong) said there was no problem.
Lesson learned, I have decided to put front brakes on my track bike. Even if I had brakes, that puppy was still getting run over, but at least I could have slowed down and not hit it so hard.
What do you guys think of this tale?