View Single Post
Old 12-13-09, 07:40 AM
stvnnewsome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey,nice forum, l'm 6'4"and 220# 47 years old.Been riding since l turned 30. Drive a truck for a living and it helps me stay fit. Have been down to 194 a couple years ago at 11% body fat if the scale l was using was right.
Have been a member of a bike club for a few years. Quit riding with them because l would always get dropped when they would go all out lol .know they got tired of waiting on me and some got agreevated about it,l think.lol Found out l still had ashma that l thought l had out grown out of as a kid.Also have high blood pressure,controled by lipitor and losapril. And also sleep apnia.Pretty sad hah.
Have completed the Assault on Mt. Michell 5 times. lt's a century ride here in Spartanburg that climbs 11,000 feet over the course of 105 mls. l think. My fasted time was 6 hours and 36 mins. Thats why l had started riding in the first place. l had dreamed of standing at the top of the mt. and saying l made it. Stupid huh.
Got hit by a car one morning riding. Or at least l think l did, l was found lying it the road, bike in the diich.At the hospital l was told they found me in the road. l didn't remember what had happened. l just asked how my bike was. Be careful out there,especially when ridding alone.
l have a Cannodale rode bike. With si 30bb.17#7 ounces. Mavic elites that l've had no problemes with. Been true for 2 yrs now.Just bought and old steel frame Bianchi squadra that l plan to ride over the winter mouths. Going for a ride this morning. lt's dizzling a litte here and 33 digrees. But love to ride on suday morning when the traffic is low. lt's like having the world to my self,mostly, before everyone else getts up and gets going.
Sorry for writting so long and thanks for letting me post this.