View Single Post
Old 11-01-10, 04:20 AM
commo_soulja

Bikes: are fun to ride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Recently, I bought a Mu Uno for train commuting to the hospital. I can hop on the train during commute hours without being hasseled. Once I get to my destination, unfold the bike and ride the 2km to the hospital. The single speed is no problem since most of the terrain I ride it on is flat. The simplicity of the single speed drivetrain is great. No need to fuss with a derailleur and shifters. Mine came equipped with a front caliper brake but if you wanted to keep it really simple you can go without since it's a coaster brake. It also came with full fenders, great when it's wet out. The matte black color is pretty reserved and doesn't scream "steal me" to bike theives.
Overall, it's great for short distances over flat terrain. If you're using it in conjunction with public transportation it's even better. Here in Germany, you're suppose to buy a separate ticket for your bike on the train and you can't bring a full sized bike on the bus as they're not equipped with front bumper racks typically used in the US. No problems with my Mu Uno.