View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 06:56 PM
Dion912

Bikes: 1983 Ross Utopian, 2006 Raleigh Competition, 2015 O'Doone Competition, 2017 Trek MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
-----

You had better be careful there!

Doing such fine work may cause nostro Don Randolfo to wish the frameset back.

Are you comtemplating fitment of Olmo transfers?

Forgot to ask earlier -

When you had things down to bare metal did you discover any additional markings? Were there any on steerer for example?

Very minor build note -

Tullio offered adjusters for these dropouts. They are part nr. 128/1 -

alternately, you could employ the similar ftting from Freres Huret or Juy, both of which were likely produced by ALGI.

-----
Thank you for the additional information. You are a treasure of info for sure. Honestly I go back-and-forth with what I want to do with this frame. I would love to try to restore it too period correct Components, but at this point I’m not sure what that really was. To answer your question, I went over this bare frame with a fine tooth comb and there was not another number or letter anywhere on the frame. No patched rivet holes for a head badge, no numbers on the bottom bracket, and nothing else around the base of the seat tube.

that’s why I am thinking about doing the retro restoration tribute bike to bring it up to early 80s status and just use the parts I already have from the Ross mentioned earlier. I would love to go back to late 50s or early 60s campy components, but I also don’t want to go broke restoring a mystery bike. Would love additional thoughts around that, but it doesn’t feel like I am messing with a piece of history at this point.

Now the pretty little German car in the previous picture is all original right down to the original spare tire Still in the front trunk. That car is a survivor through and through and will only receive original equipment parts.
Likes For Dion912: