Bike Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else hate integrated shift/brake levers?
Old 03-05-20, 09:06 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '87 Schwinn Prelude, Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo, '18 Diamondback Syncr

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4014 Post(s)
Liked 978 Times in 630 Posts
- I have STIs on a few road bikes - love em. I geek on updating old steel frames with modern components and a modern(or mixed) drivetrain is fun to use.
- My touring/commuting bike has bar end shifters. They work fine, but I dont love them. I dont shift as often with that bike and its 100% for sure because the shifters arent right where my hands are for most of the ride. It has a triple though and I like the friction shifting for a triple front.
- My gravel bike has Gevenalle 2x11 shifters. I love those so much that I actually down-spec'd the brakes to cable/hydraulic hybrid calipers in order to keep using the Gevenalle shifters. I consider them to be integrated since the shifting and braking are at the same place. External shift cables isnt as elegant as under tape cables, but whatever- I like the shifters too much.

So nope- I dont hate integrated shifting. I also dont hate dual pivot caliper brakes, high quality clincher tires,or wide range 2x drivetrains.