xiaoman1 
Slightly Mental

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked 330 Times in 227 Posts
Lemond Team Club for a Song

It's not pretty but I have been looking for one of these for a while and when this one popped up on CL...well?
The photos on the site were not the best and it appeared a little rough, I could see that the rear stays had a primer on them but the price of admission was somewhat reasonable so I thought that I would take a look-see.

When I arrived to look at the bike it was a little nicer than I expected (not mint by any means), mostly original components with the exception of the wheels and seat. The tires were new and the wheels had little to no brake wear.
It had Modolo brakes, Triomphe FD and RD...cranks original etc.

I did the usual check of the tubes and fork for damage and found none, the frame was straight and the rear stays were done correctly as far as I could tell.When I checked the seat post it was stuck and when moving on to the stem that was stuck as well....bad news.
I talked to the owner about these issues and he just wanted to get it out of his way, we struck a deal based on the potential issues that I would/could be confronting...needless to say it went home with me.

Service will start after a good soaking with PB Blaster in order to free up (hopefully) the SP and S, after that a full grease service...then paint prep the RS and touch-up paint after it stops raining in sunny So-Cal.

For the rebuild, I am planning on going with an all campy set-up.
Progress pics to follow.

Best, Ben

TL needing a lot of TLC.

Last edited by xiaoman1; 03-22-20 at 09:45 PM.