View Single Post
Old 05-09-20, 07:33 PM
Batstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by InvertedMP
Looks great! What did those wheels run? I threw some chinese SuperTeam wheels on my Allez road bike, but I was thinking about doing some carbons on my Metrix too. I have some Hunts coming for the road bike, maybe I will go through the trouble of converting the SuperTeams to disc...
Thanks! I believe that the wheelset was around $800 US at the time when I placed the order with the UK bike retailer. With all that was going on in the global market they ended up taking a month to arrive but shipping was gratis and duty surprisingly was zilch, nada. They were pretty much plug and play out of the box with the exception that they sported 6 bolt disc hubs in comparison to the center lock versions on the Metrix hubs. I also decided to pair them with Conti Duraskin GP 4 seasons which I think are slightly more versatile and will likely offer up superior tear/puncture resistance over the stock Duranos which will help as I'll be doing mostly out-of-town rides. The final tasks involved a thorough cleaning of the drive train as well as popping a quick link into the chain and a proper realignment of both front and rear disc brakes.

I'm still sitting on the fence with regards to the decals. I much prefer an overall austere look to the bike but perhaps given time I'll get used to them. Next up, a new bar for the cockpit.

Last edited by Batstar; 05-11-20 at 12:34 PM.
Likes For Batstar: