Old 07-13-20, 06:32 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
The key to safety is visibility.......I run flashing white and flashing red in the daylight because I am more visible If you are not closed minded about this....you can observe for your self by comparing how well you can see bikes without out lights during the day and with lights. Even cars are more visible during the day if they have their headlights on. Road postion in traffic has nothing to do with it....bikes are simply more visible with flashing lights period. I have not yet seen anyplace a verified instance of a bicycle light causing an epileptic seizure. The only time you will get in trouble with a cop is for flashing blue lights......they care a lot about that

I'm not closed minded, as a driver I just don't think it's true that the flashing white lights make the relevant bikes more visible. These are generally headlights. I've never noticed them on any bike in the daytime other than bikes going the other direction, well across the street from me. Those bicyclists are in no danger from cars across the street.

I don't recall ever noticing daytime lights on a bicycle crossing the road in front of me, or in my peripheral vision as I went through an intersection. I've never noticed any problems seeing bicyclists without lights during the day. Frankly, I think daylight lights in non-foggy conditions aren't worth anything.
Likes For livedarklions: