I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by whitecat
The problem is, you are all pretty much sheepish in your responses. Thats may sound derogative but it isnt, it is simply that, for instance - if I am going around minding my own bussiness without attacking or harrasing anyone - I expect the same from others.

Now, if someone is stupid enough to attack me just out of nowhere, I will react violently back - I do not know are they armed or not - so I will proceed with maximum force available to me - in order to break their attack as much as possible in shortest amount of time - so not to give them an opportunity to harm me. I think that is an measured response to someone not knowing me, attacking me on the street. I do not know you, and you attack me, I am going to assume that you want to kill me - and I am going to respond accordingly. That means that the assailant at a minimum wont walk for a long long time, at worst - he is probably going to be dead.
Note that the OP's example of "harassment" was an individual "blasting" his horn at him as well a lot of assumptions about the so-called harasser's evil intentions. The "problem" may be that some individuals seem to have an unusually low threshold for feeling that they are victims of motorists, law officers, or even the general public's harassment. An even bigger problem is if the offended party feels provoked by such alleged harassment into an over reaction that serves no useful purpose.

Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 12-29-19 at 09:15 AM.
Likes For I-Like-To-Bike: