View Single Post
Old 04-11-21, 07:09 AM
Doug Fattic 
framebuilder

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked 1,916 Times in 656 Posts
Everything points to Jim Redcay being the builder. He worked in Lambertville, NJ right across the Delaware River from New Hope, PA in Bucks county north of Philadelphia. It is a touristy art center. Jim learned from New Jersey builder Bill Boston and partnered or worked with Tom Kellogg of Spectrum. At one time they made the Signature series at Ross Bicycles. In the later 80's he went on to be technical editor of Bicycling magazine. Sometime in the early 80's or late 70's Bicycling magazine did a special on his frames. Included in pictures of his building progress was a photo of his dropout to stay treatment which showed the kind of scalloped shape shown on the burgundy frame. His head tube decal was a large red K (get it?). Around 1975, he showed me his gravity feed Binks Bullows paint spray gun (made in the UK). Because of his recommendation, I got one too. He told me he got a lot of orders from that Bicycling article.

The lugs, bottom bracket shell and fork crown are all Henry James. Because the back of the head lugs don't have any tips, these are early model Henry James lugs. Hank added the tips sometime before 1985. The Everest look alike fork crown was narrower than the Henry James crown. The width of this crown indicates it is a Henry James.
Likes For Doug Fattic: