Bike Forums - View Single Post - Change to long cage derailleur - recommendation?
Old 01-17-20, 06:58 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, an orange one and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3139 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by chadtrent View Post
I assume you are talking about the roadlink? I see them listed for 10 and 11 speed. Do they work with 9 speed too?
I donít know if they work for a 42 tooth cog but the RoadLink is just an extender and works for any gear range. I have one on my Cannondale T1 to get the 9 speed XTR rear derailer to work with an 11-36 9 speed cassette. It works just fine. You can find 11-42 9 speed cassettes but I doubt that your Sora would work with one even with a RoadLink. Iím dubious that it would work with the 11-36.

One caveat: I had to do surgery on my derailer hanger to make the RoadLink work. The Cannondale hanger just didnít mate to the link. It was easy to file and took about 15 minutes to modify. Additionally, I had to do it twice because I attempted to bend it a little. Donít do that. It breaks much more readily than a regular hanger.
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!
Days of Wineless Roads. Bed and Breakfasting along the KATY
Twisting Down the Alley. Misadventures in tornado alley.