Old 02-11-20, 11:16 PM
csport

Bikes: Soma Double Cross Disc (2017), red Hardrock FS (circa 1996)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by katsup
For the record, lubing the chain was one of the first things I did. This was done a few times of the course of working on it, but could still not get it to shift as nice as it does with the 3500 derailleur.

I have no issues with 3500 Sora shifters and the 3500 derailleur or the Deore LX M560 (7 Speed) derailleur. The cage on these two derailleurs are about the same so just use the 3500 derailleur if possible. The derailleurs I tried were just the ones I had available, or could borrow, to try.
OK, I purchased a Microshift M46, it is almost 1/2 the price of Shimano M591. Installed it and took it for a loop in the park. Shifts up and down with no sluggishness, easier to setup than Deore. The only shift that is a bit sluggish is upshift from the second largest to the largest rear cog when the chain is in the big chainring -- probably I need to slightly loosen the limit screw.
Other components: Deore M590 crankset, 48/36/22; Shimano HG50 11-30 9s cassette; Campagnolo Record C9 chain with SRAM Gold Powerlink.

Off topic: katsup , I have just noticed that you have a Fog Cutter brother of my Double Cross.