Old 04-29-19, 09:00 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 380 Posts
Mondays I ride my Classic and Wednesdays I ride my Miami Vice. However the last two or three Wednesdays it has rained or somethings come up and I haven't been able to ride the MV. So today I decided to ride it. I had already planned to ride my so called hilly route and the MV expert is the heaviest of all my bikes but it has the smallest (easiest) gears. It's 13 or 14 -26 freewheel and stock 52/42 chainrings. Anyways, I take off and it's just normal feeling training pace and speed. There was a couple of wind gust but normal/regular ride. Then I hit the turn around, and holy moly I had No idea I had been going against the wind. Because I the way back I was flying! Just moving in and out of the biggest gears even on the straight aways. I must've been hitting the 30s judging by the gears and rpms. Man that was fun and I think I'm finally improving. But you know the bike Gods giveth and taketh so we'll see. Maybe the Expert Ironman aren't too heavy after all...or maybe I'm finding the umm... older gent gearing is more to my liking. Either way I felt good and strong and FREE!
Lastly, I've been enjoying watching a tv series called "Spirit" with my 4 year old daughter. This is the opening segment. That's how I felt.

Last edited by texaspandj; 04-29-19 at 09:57 PM.