pesty
Master Sarcaster

Bikes: 2018 Allez Sprint, 2016 Trek Crockett Canti

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by josephjhaney View Post
Update, I'm pretty sure it's the battery. I take the device off charge, it gives 4 beeps, indicating full charge when I turn it on, I start the recording, and now it's only getting two clips, less than 20 mins total record time, every time. I contacted cyclq for support, we will see what they say, I'd love to get a slight discount on their fancy new Fly6 CE model, that would make me a very happy biker! I'll update here when I know more.

Joe
There's a lot of things that can affect the charge level of rechargeable batteries. If I remember correctly, the Fly6 has just a standard 18650 Li-Ion battery soldered into it. If you're good with a soldering iron, you could probably replace it if you're out of warranty and they don't want to help you out. In general, it's better to recharge the battery more frequently rather than let it get "low" and recharge it when it's near empty.

That being said... I have the new CE's and I really like them. 1080p on the 6 is nice and having two bikes, the 1/4 turn mounts work so much better than dealing with rubber straps or velcro if you buy some extra mounts.