Old 11-30-18, 12:18 AM
BrocLuno

Bikes: K2 (Marzocchi/Fox), Trek 6000 (red) MARS Elite up front, Specialized Hardrock Sport -> eBike (R7 Elite up front), lastly TREK 820 loaner. Recently sold Peugeot du Monde Record and 1956 Schwinn (owned since new).

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
What chassis weight are you comfortable with ...

I'm old now (70+), so no more yahoo down hill for me. Or any off-road motorcycle. Can't afford to get off hard, may not walk away. So my MTB's have morphed into dirt and gravel ready cruisers more than adventure bikes. I still like suspension and a modestly plush saddle, and I need a rack for lunch/camera bag, etc.So my lightest trail cruiser is the K2 (alloy frame, carbon swing arm) at 30 lbs. It feels light to me, but not as light as when I bought it with serious weight weenie parts all over it. Adding the saddle, rack and road tough tires took its weight toll. Still a responsive ride

I'm guessing I'm prolly OK with MTB style bikes in the 26 to 32 lbs ranges. I don't have any pure road bikes anymore. Can't spend that amount of time bent over the bars ... Only have one steel bike left. A cromo Trek hybrid from years ago. Don't have a weight on it as it's hanging for winter storage.

What are you'all comfy with?