Old 08-12-19, 01:27 PM
phillman5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have an '87 or '88 LeMond, bought soon after they were first available (while he was recuperating after he was shot) from a small shop in Reno, its suppose to have Columus SLX tubing, though a local frame builder who straighten out the fork after a crash says no. I am more of a fast recreational rider, did some racing in the late 80's early 90's, but this bike just felt light and responsive compared to the other racing geometry bikes I've owned. I never really liked the group it came with (it was a 7 sp, but the front derailer never down shifted well), so in 2012 I upgraded components to Campy Chorus 11 sp, and a Campy Eurus wheel set (I went tubeless). What a difference! The bike still feels light, better fit, more responsive, and faster compared to the the Ti bike I bought in '16. Long live these older steel frames!

A couple of people have mentioned its the engine/motor, but its probably better and cheeper to take weight off the body frame than the bike frame for climbing hills better.

Last edited by phillman5; 08-12-19 at 01:34 PM.