View Single Post
Old 08-19-19, 10:17 PM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1992 Trek 1400, 1998 Cannondale R200, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 39 Posts
As I weigh myself only once a week. Every Sunday first thing. Ritualistic I reckon...

After last week's 6 pound drop, I would have been ok with gaining a pound or two. But no. 248 even, dropped that .6 pound. In fairness, I had some spiced rum the night before, and allowed a minor binge on leftover pasta and meat sauce. Spirals of pasta made of black bean flour, lower in carbs, and even has some protein! Yes, this old pirate needed to let loose just a bit...

Saturday I went for a ride, planned for 12 or so miles. But after my long work hours week, little sleep, I was low on energy. So wrapped my ride up at 8.5 miles. Over 550 feet elevation change. This was on my old KHS...

A little later in the day, I remembered there was a classic car show, and decided to ride my reward bike down. Of course, they were wrapping up, and leaving when I got there. So despite being tired, I stretched the return ride into a longer loop, 5.5 miles...

I will say, it was a fun ride. While I originally was waiting for 240 to ride this, I'm just 8 pounds shy, and see no harm in taking it out now. I think for slow rides, or by myself, the KHS gets the nod, but for longer rides, or if my buddy wants to push things a bit, I can chase his Giant with the CAAD8...

I've sent my nutritionist some questions. My low carb diet, required post surgery, is also limiting my energy output. I didn't bonk, but had I decided to continue my earlier ride, I may have. Not concerned with hydration, I get my fluids in just fine. And I didn't feel like waiting till my late October appointment with her...

All in all. I feel pretty good weight wise. I'm nearly to my 240 goal, and looking in myself to see what I want to reach. Realistically, I'm setting sights on 230. But, is 200 possible? Feasible? To reach a point where I'm not even overweight, according to BMI charts, I need to hit 188... Well. I have a tough time imagining that weight. Quite literally, that would be half of my heaviest weight.

I do have a new health issue. My left foot. My second toe is getting longer, and has developed an ulcer on the tip. My podiatrist is on the case, and we are trying a few things. But the toe is about a 1/3" longer than my big toe. And is rubbing in my size 13 shoes... He suggested some Chaco sandals, they have more arch support than most sandals. I had a tough time dropping $80 on sandals, but they were on sale, $30 off at least...

Last edited by zjrog; 08-19-19 at 10:35 PM.