View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 08:28 AM
  #32  
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member
 
Lemond1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,908
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 426 Times in 285 Posts
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here, and argue that the average driver sees so much selfishness and flagrant contempt for traffic laws committed by "average" bicyclists, it's a wonder they don't run us all down. I'm not talking about the 10% who stop at red lights and stop signs, and ride on the correct side of the road. We're a mere curiosity compared to the other 90%.

I wish there was something I could do to rehabilitate our image among motorists, but for each "me", I've got nine people texting on their phones while riding on the wrong side of the road blowing red lights. That's a tough image to overcome when the vast majority of bicyclists ride this way, and motorists are usually correct to assume the person they see on a bike is deaf, dumb, blind, brain dead, and cares nothing about the traffic laws designed to protect them. Until a crash occurs, and then they're suddenly all about law and order.
Lemond1985 is offline