Old 06-05-19, 07:13 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by mlau
Do any of you guys just have/want only one bicycle?

I know that bike forums might not be the best place to ask this question.
However, I've been thinking a lot about life--what's needed for happiness--and the idea of having less things.

For most of my life, I've only had one bike.
However, on the eve of Christmas eve, I splurged on getting a Miyata 1000LT off ebay (supposed to be one of the best vintage touring bikes ever made).

The thing is, are any of you guys happier with just one bike?

Most bike nuts that I know of have around 3+: a pure roadie, commuter, maybe a mountain bike, and fixie.
On my end, I'm looking forward to my first non-folding bike in years (and properly fitting, too!).
I'm also thinking of paring away at my books, guitars (way too many), and woodworking tools.

Anyways, I've posted this on this sub-forum, since the C&V crowd seems to have the most bikes (8-10), the folder crowd has about 2-3 (mini-folder, moderate folder, full sized folders), and racers have about 2-3 bikes as well.
I am probably going to be the odd man out here but I have too many other hobbies to really invest in 3+ bikes let alone two. I used to have my carbon road bike and a carbon hardtail but soon realized that 90% of the time I was doing all road and I just don't ride enough to have so much money tied up in bikes. Again I am probably the minority here. Like I said I have other hobbies like building computers which also can be very expensive.

Nothing wrong with multiple bikes if that's what your into, I have heard some people having 7-8 bikes and all of them being pretty top end. For me even if I had the space, money, and time the fact remains that bikes depreciate at an insane rate and eventually break down