View Single Post
Old 05-01-15, 02:13 PM
HillRiderEast

Bikes: Trek fx 7.4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered the 7.4 in size 15 WSD. They are assembling it now but I suspect from the test I did last year, the stem may need to be replaced with a shorter stem. They did not have a current model for me to try this year to see if I had the same reach problem. I am 5'4'' and the 14 would be too small for me - guess I have shorter arms than others my height. Have any of you played around with the length of the stem for better reach?

Also, what about adding some sort of additional risers to bring up the fork- have any of you done this?

I am going from a comfort bike with riser bars and the lower flat bar will take some time to get used to. I am switching because I want to do longer and hillier rides and my current bike not suited. I also want to add end bars and found an adapter on the trek website. Do any of you use end bars or had experience with the adapter? This looks to be new insert foam for the grips and a plug - bars would be separate
Bontrager Satellite Plus ISOZone Bar End Adapter - Bar Ends - Handlebars - Components -Trek Store