View Single Post
Old 10-22-20, 08:24 AM
moshin

Bikes: 2019 Lynskey Helix Disc, 2018 Specialized Diverge E5, Van Moof S2, 1985 Schwinn Mesa Runner, and Unknown Bianchi Reparto Corse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Need to identify

Hi,

I recently almost literally stumbled upon a classic steel frame set in pretty dang good condition. I fledgling mechanic, I've always been averse to carbon frames (perhaps for no good reason) and had been really excited to get a quality steel frame. I found a decent conditioned, decent looking Bianchi for a good price in my size and grabbed it up. The more I learn about it to understand what I have, it seems a) that I have something pretty special and B) There are a lot of people in the same boat who are frustratingly close to identifying their Reparto Corse. This thread seems to be the most informative of anything I can find. I'd like to get her riding again, showing her a lot of love. I think that first though, my "ocd" makes me want to know exactly what she is, and what she is supposed to be. Unfortunately all I have is the fork and the frame, no components of any sort. Fortunately, it seems like its quite a nice frame!

Thank you so much in advance. Your collective knowledge has blown me away just reading through some previous responses. Below is what i know and some photos. (as soon as I am allowed)

Thanks,

- very excited newbie

What I know:

Paint:
  • Celeste Frame (and Chrome Fork/Chainstays/Braze-on)
  • Chrome: Chain stays, Fork Crown, Front and Rear Dropouts and Front Derailleue Braze on

Tubing: TSX Tubing. ( does this mean X4? Does it mean 1988-1991?)

Decals:
  • Dark Blue Bianchi with Gold outline on Down Tube
  • Stickers: Columbus TSX, Made in Italy on Seat Tube above BB, Black Reparto Course Bianchi on Chainstay
  • Bianchi Crest on Headtube. (Not Panto. So not X4?)
  • Eduardo Bianchi Autograph on top tube
  • No Bianchi Decals on Seat Tube. ( The most similar frames I find online, all have seat tube decals)
  • No World Champion Decals

Bottom Bracket:
  • English Threaded BSA68
  • Stamped with 55 (size?) and H 175 (serial number?)
  • Does not have Centenario (85) emboss.
  • Does have a triangle cutout in the lug on the downtime (Investment cast?)

Fork:
  • Unicrown Columbus EL chrome fork
  • Campagnolo drop outs

Other Frame:
  • Curved Profile Brake Bridge, Bianchi on both sides, not script (1988-1991?)
  • Internal Cable Routing ( 1988 or later?)
  • B embossed on lugs on side of Bottom Bracket
  • B embossed on lug where head tube and down tube meet
  • 130mm chain stay distance between drop outs
  • 27.2 Seat post
  • 1" threaded Fork

TSX tubing

H. 175 Serial number? No 85 Centenario

Seat collar

The most similar frames I can find have a bianchi decal on the seat tube. This one does not.

Chain Stay Sticker

Not Pantographed Head badge. A sticker

Last edited by moshin; 10-26-20 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Formatting/Photos - God bless for your assistance!