View Single Post
Old 10-28-20, 05:23 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by dcee604
Hello! It's a been a while! Says I last logged in in 2012... Ok, so 8 years have passed, what did I miss? hahaha... Multiple pages of Bianchi's!

Well, I'm back again, because I have another Bianchi that needs identifying! I believe it's a Japanese frame, becaue of the serial number on the bottom bracket, and I'm in Canada. Has 'Bianchi' stamped backwards on the BB as well. Serial number is 23904 on one side, and either 1.9 (or 6.1) depending which way you want to read it. Thanks in advance!

Italian models having serial numbers on the seat lug only occurred during the Piaggio era of the early 1980s. In the late 1980s, the Italian models started using the bottom bracket shell. Your bicycle definitely has an Italian manufactured frame. I'm assuming that the '1' is actually am 'I', which would make it a 1989-1987 or 1989-1990 model. Typically, it would be the former but we've seen cases where careless Bianchi employees have reversed the sequence.

Bianchi S/N did not include model indicators. To determine the model and which of the two scenarios fits best, we'll need more information and preferably pictures. Start with a list of the components and a description of the Bianchi logo style.