View Single Post
Old 05-18-14, 02:00 AM
Long Tom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a nice solo ride today- 36 miles of my favorite hills. My normal winter 33-mile route plus a few more miles tacked on because it was just a spectacular spring day in western Oregon.

I did it on my 2014 Roubaix, which is getting lots of use. This was my 4th ride this week, totaling 125-ish miles. Same basic route. Lots of steep hills. It's a beautiful thing. I'm really liking this bike.

I'm having an internal debate about whether to continue my winter regime of 33-mile intense rides, as opposed to how I did the last couple months last fall, when I was doing less intense 50-60 mile rides. I kinda like the shorter workout as I'm busier'n hell these days so cutting an hour plus from the ride is appreciated. But just as importantly, I just like the intensity vs. the extra endurance... when I get past 3 hours in the saddle the contact points get more annoying than the fatigue.

I might ride tomorrow with a buddy if the weather allows. I'm stronger than him right now by a fair margin so it'd be a recovery ride for me. It'd be a nice cap on a good week.