View Single Post
Old 01-30-03, 02:38 PM
akshobhyavajra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by bpherson
I've been doing something similar to what you are. A hybred of atkins and a blend of my own "diet". Latly though, I've been loseing very slowly (about a pound a week) or staying the same.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Hello bpherson and hello everyone else,

I'd say everyone reacts different to certain regiments, but all things ought to be approached with balance and patience. I don't like the idea of diet - but I do like the idea of life change.

As for me - I have to count and document everything I do and everything I eat. It helps me keep track. I mix carbs and proteins until 1400 hrs - eating small meals every three hours. At 1700 hrs it's protein and extremely low / no carbs. No food after 2000 hrs. I combine this with 100 plus crunches / 100 plus pushups each day; light weight training 3 x per week and minimum of 30 minutes cardio 4 x per week. My bike rides vary from 160 - 300 miles per month depending on weather. One day off and one "cheat" day - usually on the off day. Note - cheating does not mean binging - just eating what you like within reason. This has been a very good life change for me had has had good results on reduction of body fat and increase in strength / endurance.

Best regards,

~Michael~