View Single Post
Old 08-03-17, 09:53 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
I never thought I'd see image consciousness being such a topic in a thread about a new bike for riding on dirt roads.

I've seen the hashtag #partybrand associated with All-City, but I've not seen a lot of content to explain what that even means. I get the impression that All-City has something of an urban hipster/bike messenger vibe and as a 61 y/o from a small town in Georgia, that's not my scene. But a lot of the young people from Atlanta I've met through gravel riding are kind of in that mold and they are some fine folks who love good bikes and good rides. I sure don't see where a redneck southern rocker/pseudo punk who ripped off the riff from Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London like Kid Rock fits into that picture.

My first awareness of All-City came with the introduction of the Space Horse which seemed like a kindred spirit to the Black Mountain Monster Cross that I was riding at the time. I've watched with interest as they've added more premium offerings like the Reynolds 853 Macho King. I recently built up a canti-braked Space Horse for a friend/customer's wife and was very impressed. I joined them for her first gravel ride on the bike and she loved it and has become a frequent gravel rider.

I decided to buy the Cosmic Stallion based on its pedigree, geometry, materials and spec. I could really give a rat's ass about how someone might choose to react to the company's marketing campaign or perceived image.

My bike is scheduled to arrive at the shop on Monday, and I expect I'll be putting it together that afternoon. I can't wait to ride it.

Last edited by BluesDawg; 08-03-17 at 09:57 PM.