Old 04-27-18, 05:50 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by FrenchFit
Really, you are basing this on a Blog post published originally some four year ago by a Yoga instructor, who seems to have mis-interpreted the research studies? Of course if you consume GM prior to a work-out you'll burn more afterwards, ....you have to burn off those calories somehow and you will burn hotter with all that glucose in your system....jeez, it's common sense. The studies don't comment on what happens the second and third day, and whether there are net gains or losses.

I applaud you for enthusiasm in advocating Keto and IF'ing, but I think you ought to be a little more discriminating in making judgments about right and wrong practices. My observation is athletes have been doing fasted work-outs for decades, power and cardio, and moving more into endurance sports more recently. Dismissing it as a wrong practice seems a little...premature.
No, read my prior posts. I never base anything on a single reference and neither would I expect anyone else to. However, these is a post forum, not a venue for posting extensive databases of boring case studies few will understand and even less will be interested in reading through. Besides, I don't keep a collection of them.

That post was a best-of-summary example. A mere "cut to the chase" highlight and compilation of several studies that I've recently been reading. My point is the data is out there and available so for anyone to research for themselves. Or not.