Old 04-29-18, 08:39 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigmanontheroad
I am using ruled.me as a resource guide. I have pulled data and ideas from many other sources but that is my go to. I am two weeks in and it is going well. I lost 10 lbs, too fast but, I shed a lot of water weight. My last piece of advice is Do the Bullett Proof Coffee. I use the 1TBSP of Butter, 1TBSP of MCT and 1 packet of Stevia per 12oz coffee. This is key to killing the craving and keeping up with fat intake. Good Luck!
L
Just keep in mind that the keto diet will eventually become unhealthy so while it is an excellent way to jump-start a diet if you are very overweight/obese, or an extreme athlete, it is basically a transitional diet.
Those complaining of hitting a wall while biking, Hydration, hydration, hydration. I highly recommend keeping your sodium up, some recommend 5000mg per day. Also, a magnesium supplement like calm. I use 200mg per day. This helps with muscle cramping and night tremors.
To be expected in most cases, with the reduction in carbs -- which not only take a good amount of water out of the body with it, but the associate minerals named (also potassium and sodium) which accounts for the imbalanced condition.