View Single Post
Old 05-01-18, 01:44 PM
Hippiebrian

Bikes: Raleigh Sojourn, '67 Raleigh Super Course, old Gary Fisher Mamba, and a generic Chinese folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Well the intermittent fasting (IF) is certainly a prudent direction with proven results which I wholeheartedly support. However, I woulnd't do any cardio (except low intensity) in a fasted state. Although the logic behind continued cardio may appear sounds, the final result is that it typically does more harm than good.
I have been doing IF, namely one meal a day, for the past year. I do not restrict carbs, calories or anything else, and have taken off 80 lbs. I beg to differ on the cardio. I usually ride, hike or whatever in the fasted state and find that I am better, have more energy and more endurance when I do so. It has to do with the fasted state spiking HGH, adrenaline and other hormones. IF has been the only thing that has helped me lose weight over the long term as well as the only way of eating that has left me feeling healthier and given me energy. I am curious as to what harm you think I may be doing...