Old 05-02-18, 06:09 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Hippiebrian
There are a couple things wrong with that theory. First off, fat burns better than carbs, even as body fuel.
Better? In any event, incorrect. It's just a much more complex molecule.
Second off, recruiting your body's fat for energy is tht goal to begin with. In other words, you are burning last year's pizza instead of the gels you just consumed.
True, but there's "more than one way to skin a cat." The body is a very complex mechanism so what may seem like the direct route to your goal, doesn't always work out that way.
Third off, you are not counting for the increased adrenaline and other metabolic hormones released in the fasted state as well as the extra hgh released, which not only helps preserve muscle mass but helps build it faster.
On the contrary, that is my first consideration. Which leads back to your third contradiction. It is simply not mentioned here due to its complexity, significance to anaerobic training, and ancillary support with reference to cycling.

Personally, I have found that I have much more energy when fasted than after I have consumed carbs and I ride faster and climb harder when fasted. If you are correct, my body is lying to me...
It does that a lot. Like telling you you're hungry when you know you've eaten more than enough calories to sustain it. In the above example, it just indicates you have a strong power of will. That's something you can be proud of.