View Single Post
Old 06-11-18, 04:37 AM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Speaking of IF, being a hardgainer I though it would be impossible for me to sustain this protocol but after a rather rough beginning (I felt I was going made with hunger), I find only good things to say about it.

In fact, I've even moved to 3-4 days/week of 24 hour fasts just to see if I could. Still nothing negative to report although I must admit I only do this on my anaerobic exercise days.

It just takes the body a little time (and discipline) to transition, but it really is all psychological. It would take weeks to actually reach a level of starvation; and 90% of Americans have enough excess fat to last for months. Like any diet, IF can be incorporated into Keto if it fits your goal.
I do IF and have had no problems sticking to it. It is my one saving grace and likely the only reason my weight didn’t blow out. I weight 125kg now, but despite that weight, I’m now carrying a similar level of body fat to when I was 110kg. I have spent a good 6months now on solid heavy gym lifting.

Back when I trialed 5/2 I was quite literally scared at the prospect of consuming just 550 I calories in a day. I kind of jumped in the deep end with that diet due to mitigating family history health risk factors, but it knocked down some big mental barriers for me in relation to eating and really paved a way forward for me with understanding food, and how it affects the body