View Single Post
Old 07-26-18, 10:28 AM
Smithjeb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Meld 3D Saddle Review - BUYER BEWARE

Purchased a $350 Meld custom saddle from www.meld3d.com in Sept, 2017.

Aesthetically good looking saddle and fit well. Order process was slow but in many ways worth the wait. Mounted on a 2018 Cannondale Evo Hi-mod and have ridden about 1500 miles.

That was the good part.

Fast forward today. The saddle split in two under the cushioning and given my experience so far I submitted to the company - photo’s, receipt, and a truthful statement of use - exactly how advertised.

Ever since then - this company has done nothing but blame me for the failure of their saddle. The latest excuse is “impact” from possibly hitting a pothole. I have ridden dozens of saddles over the years and never seen anything like this happen.

Their tone is rude, demeaning, and pointed to everything I have done wrong to cause damage to the product. I have dozen of Hi-Rez pictures to support that the saddle looks absolutely brand new and has never even been leant against a wall.

THIS COMPANY IS BAD NEWS IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THEIR PRODUCT. LOOK AT THEIR BBB RATING (D+). They have a growing number of negative feedback on various websites with customers experiencing same failure and lack of support.

I am hugely disappointed. These folks are a black mark on the cycling community which I love.