View Single Post
Old 03-10-19, 02:45 PM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
Slow barely describes things. Last post was 277.4, the following week I made it to 80 pounds lost since surgery, at 276. Last week was a 2 pound gain for 278.4. But today, down 4 to 274.2. I know some get upset when their weight loss slows down. But I keep seeing enough changes to keep me happy. For instance, I needed a new belt at the end of January, perhaps I should have bought another size smaller, as I already reached the lowest holes, and have now punched 4 new holes in it. I've had t buy new shorts for the gym, couldn't tie my old ones tight enough to stay up anymore... In the cardiac rehab gym, doing some leg extensions, the technician monitoring us asked when my quads started showing back up... Made me look and yes, not picture worthy, but things keep changing. I have been having issues with my CPAP pressure, making me ears "pop" at night frequently. I'm at a constant pressure of 18cmH2O. I asked my sleep doc if he could lower my pressure. Reviewing my machine stats, he agreed, and now I'm almost a month into an automatic setting of 10 to 18... I'm quite a bit happier with that. And still feel good. Saw my Cardiologist 1 March. She was quite pleased, and while I need a coronary calcium scan,she doesn't need to see me for a year now... Unless I need to see her. Overall, my BP is consistently lower, lowest so far was 95/58 but I wasn't dizzy or light headed My resting heart rate is back in the 60s, even some in the 50s. Did I mention that I can BREATHE so much easier now?

My daughter wants to go for a bike ride next weekend. Weather might be agreeable, but how can I say no to ride bikes with my little girl? OK, she is well into adulthood, but still... Not taking my KHS off the trainer yet, so scrambling to prep my 29er. Needs new brake pads for the disc. I hope her hybrid is in good shape.