View Single Post
Old 06-30-19, 05:29 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
When somehow the stars align and I leave the house 15-20 minutes early so instead of pushing the bike hard to get to work fast I can take a longer more meandering rider at a slower more relaxing pace.

That is a glorious way to start the day!
Originally Posted by no motor?
That happened to me a week ago when I left early in time to get to the office early enough to be ready for a guy to show up and buy something I'd advertised on CL.

I got there 15 minutes early pleased to have enough time to be ready for him and cool off in peace and quiet but found him waiting for me.....
Originally Posted by nayr497
Oh man, YES, leaving early is sooooo nice. But, with two dogs, a cat, a three year old son, a wife...no matter how much prep I do the night before, something always comes up and I'm rarely out the door early!
Originally Posted by no motor?
That's one thing I made peace with early on.

It seems I'm always rushing to get out the door no matter how much prep I do earlier, yet I get to work on time 99.99999% of the time and it's OK when I don't.
I have flexible working hours, within reason, to do what needs to be done, and I’m usually the first one in by about an hour. However,
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
For the first few years when I started commuting to work, I would dream that I had to be there for a critical procedure the first thing in the morning, and I was too far away to get there on time.

Much like that paradigmatic dream of going for a final exam, and can’t find the room / didn’t attend the class.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 06-30-19 at 10:49 PM.