Old 08-16-05, 11:43 AM
ppc
Senile Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erik forsgren
No It is the other way around: My Marco was originaly outfitted with indirect steering with a stick coupled to the handlebar and front fork. But unfortunately the steering system went broke, so I had to change it for a direct one, the very type you have got on your Condor. What I suggest is that you change your steering system for an indirect one. Thus it would be easier for you to put your feet wide apart when you stop and for the rest you will have plenty of room on the seat.
I'm not sure that would be possible without extensive modifications to the frame on the Condor. Unless there's a kit from Optima I'm not aware of, but I doubt it. Besides, I think I know why they used direct steering on this bike: it increases space for bags on the sides of the bike. This is a tourer after all :-)

But that's okay. I got the bike pretty much figured out now. I still mess up my starts occasionally, but I'm getting the hang of it. The only thing I'm not so happy with is the turning radius, but I think it's common to most USS bikes. I can always make an even more radical handlebar with adequately placed cutouts where it meets the seat post to get more turning ability if I feel the need in the future.