Old 09-26-17, 07:22 AM
masch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heya! Thanks for these replies. Where can I get this tool set from? [Picture in post #80 - can't reattach the picture because forum requires me to have at least 10 posts first]

In the link you've provided (thanks) only the right-bottom tools were there but not the drill bits (I assume they're designed for the bolt).

My wife has just had a frame failure while crossing across a traffic light at relatively high speed (~10-15kmh) and the frame just broke and she jumped off the bike just in time to run across the other side while other cars braked to let her pass. The bolt, like others have said in this thread, broke off at the section between the threaded part and the outer part. We couldn't find the outer part on the road and it was dark. Have ordered the replacement bolts and the washers but can't seem to get the broken off threaded part out even with screw extractors.

Just before reading this thread, I have been thinking of just cutting the new bolt out at the threaded bit with boltcutters and then taping the bolt in or pouring in liquid rubber to keep it permanently inside.

If you have a link to where we could get these tools, please assist Thank you. (especially looking for the right drill bit guiding tube & the drill bit itself - there are two drill bits in the picture, what are they for?)

Last edited by masch; 09-26-17 at 07:30 AM.