View Single Post
Old 10-15-20, 06:58 AM
BikingViking793 

Bikes: 2015 Felt Z75 Disc, 2008 Fuji Cross Comp, 2010 Trek Navigator 1.0, 1974 Raleigh Sports, 1974 Schwinn Le Tour, 1981 Schwinn Super Le Tour, Surly Cross Check, 2021 Giant Talon 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Need Low budget mountain bike

I do a lot of road cycling and a little gravel riding and am really wanting a mountain bike for some trail riding. The reality is that it’s a bike I’ll probably use 4-5X a year so keeping the budget low to like $400. In the 90s I had a nice mountain bike and went out on the trails and had fun with friends. Seems a lot has changed for mountain bikes. Due to the budget I’m mostly leaning towards bikesdirect, they have a cheap 27.5” with disc brakes. But I’m curious if anyone has good suggestions for my budget. I’m about 5,6 so a 29” might not be to my liking and 26” seems to be on the out? Only close local bike shop is trek, but there are a few other options within an hour. Been looking at used bikes the last month and not much showing in my size. Most are really old or not great bikes. I worry a used mountain bike could easily have lots of issues too. Curious for any suggestions before I buy something.