Old 12-09-20, 11:02 AM
nedb7

Bikes: A Bianchi, Giant and a Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Defy vs Infinito

I have been riding my Defy 2 since 2009. It has been a great bike. Really zero issues other than replacing chains, brake pads and an occasional derailleur adjustment. (have a triple in front). My average ride is about 40 miles and I typically do a century or two a year and a 160 miler, RAIN Ride. Over the last year or so, I've been looking to get a new bike and believe I have it narrowed down to another Giant Defy, this time carbon, Advanced Pro 2 to be exact. Or a Bianchi Infinito cv. Budget is $4,500'ish. I've spent hours going over geometry specs and stack / reach ratio's etc. My current Defy is a M/L. Only adjustment I made was a shorter stem. (stiff lower back) I'm 5'11" with a 32 inseam and believe the bianchi 55 is very comparable size-wise. Have to admit, I'm in love with the Celeste, and Giant's paint schemes have become very dull and unattractive IMO. My question is about feel. Has anyone ridden both of these bikes? My problem is there are no bianchi's close to me. So I can't get a test ride. Will appreciate any insight on this. I've read tons of reviews on both but that's just not the same as riding one.