View Single Post
Old 02-09-16, 04:39 PM
denis123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
That sounds like some who doesn't understand the use of technology.
I guess he understands it a bit since he is in the automibile industry and involved with autonomous car. I use car sharing and I understand what he means. Do you?

People will select it based on need and how it effects the resale value of their purchase (or rental).
It is hard to argue against that but we are talking about something that looks like it is going to be the biggest revolution in transportation that we will see in our life time. It is hard to tell what is going to happen.

It might be pricey at first... but the cost (and price) will quickly plummet
Car are already pricey. Using alternative transportations costs me only a small fraction of the expanses I had when I owned a car.

But... autonomous cars do make the position of cab driver a little "dated". Just like elevator operator, typist, telephone operator, pinsetter (bowling), and milkman..... expect to see far fewer cab drivers.
Agree. But taxis have already become a bit dated by other recent technologies. Here, cab drivers complained when bike sharing was implemented, then when car sharing came and now they are complaining about Uber.