Old 09-07-20, 02:11 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by machinist42

Panasonic Touring Bike, Model DX-4500-21" - $350 (Smyrna, NC)

Posted 2020-09-05 17:15

"Panasonic Touring Bike, Model DX-4500; 21". Absolutely beautiful bike with minimal use the past 6 years. I purchased this bike new in 1989 and used it quite a bit for bike rallies and races in the SF Bay Area. In 2013, the bike was completely rehabbed by Stone Cyclery in Alameda, CA, which included a custom paint job, new brakes, new tires and a gorgeous real leather seat. I deliberately did not replace the decals as I thought the bike to gorgeous to do this. I was thrilled with the result, however in 2014, everything changed following 5 back surgeries which have since made it impossible for me to use my bike anymore. I will have to resort to a recumbent, something I have resisted these past 6 years while my bike sat unused. This bike has always been stored inside our air-conditioned home, not in the garage or out-of-doors, so it looks like the day Stone finished with it. It is killing me to part with my bike, but it needs a new owner who will use it. A little research will illustrate how highly regarded Panasonics of this vintage were in their day.

The Specs on this bike are as follows:
Frame size: 21"
Frame: Tange Champion No. 2 CR-MO double butted tube, forged ends and sealed B.B. set
Fork: Tange CR-MO unicrown, forged ends and sealed head set
Stem: SR CT Alloy
Seat: Concor S. Macro Supercorsa
Crankset: Shimano Sport LX Biopace 52/42T
Freewheel: Shimano CS-1000 7 speed 13-26T Cassette type
Chain: Shimano UG 50, 1/2" X 3/32" X 110 links; narrow type
Hubs: Shimano Exage Sport, Freehub sealed mechanism
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sport LX S.I.S.
Front Derailleur: Shimano Sport LX
Shifting Lever: Shimano Sport LX 7-speed S.I.S. & Light Action
Brakes: Shimano 105
Tires: 700 X 25C Panaracer
Spokes: 14G U-C-P finished
Pedals: Shimano Exage Sport
New handlebar tape in 2020

bicycle frame material: alloy

bicycle type: cruiser
condition: like new
frame size: 21"
make / manufacturer: Panasonic
model name / number: DX-4500
wheel size: 25 in"

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/bik/d/...190959168.html
Touring bike? It'd be very interesting to tour on that with the low gear of 42 x 16 and with 25mm tires.

Cheers