Old 02-17-19, 09:51 AM
CodyDog

Bikes: Specialized Vado SL/Trek Fuel EXe

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by RicePudding
In my opinion the conduct brake system that Giant uses is really nice. It's not unobvious to me that they use it to save on the costs of using full hydraulic shifters on their bikes, I was sceptical of it first.

However I think it's one of those don't knock it until you try it systems. I toyed with full hydraulic shifters and found the mechanical shifters to be more ergonomic and comfortable as they are much smaller on the hood tops, at least with the Tiagra hydraulic variant. It does also make it very easy to mix and match shifters if you want to upgrade them later down the line. I prefer the feel of the conduct braking to the Deore hydraulics on my old Talon mountain bike.

Just my observations of them, I see a lot of people bashing them and I totally understand why but I really like them. And yes I agree that proprietary systems are never nice on a bike, we want more options to customise and replace, not less.
The Revolt Advance 2 is a really cool gravel bike and I was impressed with the ride. The braking system is very efficient but I'm not sure I can get over the way they have it set up on the bars.

Rethinking my budget and trying to convince myself to go for the Revolt Advance 0. I'll be test riding another one this week in my correct size. Last test ride was on a one size smaller frame.

On a second note, test drove a Specialized Crux and loved it! Just afraid it won't be as comfortable on some of the longer gravel and chip seal road rides as the true gravel bikes. Any one riding a Crux on long rides?

I think it's down to the Revolt Advanced 0 or Trek Check Point SL5. Making decision this week.