Old 01-07-19, 09:25 PM
BobL

Bikes: 2005 Airborne Titanium Upright; 1998 Trek 5200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cuyuna

If you already have a smartphone, I'd recommend Kardia rather than the Apple Watch unless you want the watch for its many other features. It is a very cool device.

There is a similar wireless device https://store.getqardio.com/products/qardiocore . It monitor HR, variability, will do and EKG, and measure skin temp and respiratory rate. Not available in the US, however.
That's an interesting thing for sure, I guess I'll keep an eye on it, especially if I don't do something else first.

You talk about feeling your heart racing, more so than just hammering hard on the bike and raising your pulse. I've never had that. I don't recall ever feeling like my heart was really racing. I've felt kind of weird, almost spacey, but never anything like checking my pulse and finding it that high, and haven't ridden hard enough to get that. I really don't know what an Afib episode would feel like.

If I'm going to get something that's a continuous monitor, I would want it to tell me variability. Do you know anything about other HRMs, or any of the FitBits or other wearables? Any recommendations to look at?