USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1499 Post(s)
Liked 1,100 Times in 645 Posts
Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe
What the what? Wiggins had a TUE for asthma medications. That's not doping, that is literally following the rules. UCI wasn't directly involved in the package investigation (that was the UK government's job). Nor do I see freaking out over a single package as much more than the British media doing its usual scandal-hype thing.

First off, I said only that I have suspicions. However, I was shocked at how lightly Froome got off after OD-ing on asthma spray during the Vuelta.

Getting a doctor to say that you have a condition that you don't, then granting a TUE ... and the consequent physiological benefits from taking it would be abuse. Perhaps it goes to how loosely one interprets "asthma". I've never been reduced to the point of struggling to breathe, but sure, there have been times when pollen or other particulate matter in the air causes a bit of inflammation in the airways and has an effect on my athletic performance. Can I get a doctor to declare it "asthma" so I can dilate my lungs with spray medication every day I roll up on a race? I guess that's legal since nobody attempted to crack down on it. hmmm... https://www.granfondoguide.com/Conte...-are-asthmatic

Oddly enough, the team's GT dominance waned dramatically almost instantly after Portal passed. Certainly he was replaced by someone very competent, but I find it curious that the difference was so stark.

But rather than delve further down rabbit holes - suffice it to say that I really only started to move past skepticism about two years ago. Maybe it is all in my head, but things of consequence usually happen for a reason. This week, I'm back to it.