View Single Post
Old 10-30-19, 06:58 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3469 Post(s)
Liked 1,474 Times in 1,150 Posts
When I have a really long day, if I take the next day off that is usually enough.

Is the weather good, or not? Is the ride one with lots of elevation, or minimal? Is it a stressful ride (highway with no shoulder, etc.) or a fairly peaceful ride on a quiet road in the country with minimal traffic? Mental stress is a consideration too, not just physical stress.

I think you already know what you want to do, not sure why you asked for opinions from others that do not know you.

I assume you are not carrying camping gear, cooking gear, will be sleeping indoors every night, only carrying clothes on the bike along with whatever you want for the ride.

Bring a phone and the number for a friend or family that you can call if you call it quits 40 miles from your destination. And have a great time.

Protein is a key to muscle recovery. After you complete each ride, have some protein within a half hour, maybe a protein bar with 20 grams protein.