Old 11-10-19, 07:34 AM
jan nikolajsen 
Mostly Mischief

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidfGR
Hi Jan! How would you rate frame compliance between Stigmata and Cutthroat? Did you had the chance to ride booth with similar width tires?

I have the new Stigmata frame on order, and waiting for it since summer It was always sold out here in Europe, so now LBS is waiting for the frame that is on a ship coming from the factory. Should be here end of November.

Since i was tired of waiting for the Stigmata and was without the bike, i purchased the V2 Stigmata. Damn this thing is comfortable. Newer liked the super low stack on road bikes, just didn't feel that relaxed on longer rides. ps i am coming from years riding MTB.

Now i don't know what to do, keep the Cutthroat and sell the Stigmata when i get it, or build the Stigmata and then decide. Just by the looks i like the Stigmata, think it has more classic lines of a road bike.

Also did you get new faster rolling tires for the Cutthroat?
I am not super sensitive to frame geometries and so-called carbon compliance. Both feel pretty rough when charging along on rocky surfaces! To me the greatest differences between the old Cutthroat and the current Stigmata are 1) max tire size, and 2) one can use a road crank; the other not.

Currently I use Schwalbe G-One Speed in measured 48mm width on the Cutty. Eliminating the knobs was a huge leap towards road comfort and efficiency, while trail riding hardly suffered. I'm totally over knobs on dropbar bikes for my type of riding and dry, dusty, loose and rocky terrain.