View Single Post
Old 07-19-14, 10:24 AM
nesteel 

Bikes: See the signature....

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 114 Posts
Recent transactions. Most good, one not so much.

Conducted business with a few people on here lately. We'll cover 'em all in one post.

PatTheSlat: Bunch of busted Simplex bit. Arrived as described, and containing the parts I needed to fix a set of busted DT shifters. Thank you.

thinktubes: Free Izumi gloves. They were good. Picked them up to see if I would like wearing riding gloves. When they wore out, I promptly bought another set, so I guess I like them. Thank you.

mapleleafs-13: Suntour Barcons. Nice units. Look nice on the Univega, and are a good complement to the Suntour GT derailuers. Thank you.

Henry III: Tekro road bike brake levers, and two set of DT cable stops. Parts look every bit as good as new. Levers and one set of cable stops already installed. Workin' great. Thank you.

lasauge: Campy aero seat post. Came in looking as you had described. No problems here. Out being polished now. Thank you.

whatwolf: Phil Wood bottom bracket. English threaded, assume ISO taper. Link to thread: http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...ving-sale.html
Copy/Paste of original text: Phil Wood 109mm bb with English cups. Assume ISO since it was mated to a campy crankset. $50
Purchased the required install tool, tore my Torpado down, went to install, and there ITALIAN threaded cups. Nice. I'm not a real pain, and I'm pretty patient, so I sent a PM a week ago.
PM text: "It turns out the cups on that Phil Wood bottom bracket are Italian thread, not English. Just though you should know." Now, if it were me receiving that text, I would respond
asking how I could make it right. Having to purchase another set of cups makes this BB more expensive than if I had just bought a similar used one off ebay.
Not amused.